Saturday, February 2, 2008

If I could talk to the animals...

Yesterday the sun came out for a little while so I scooted Anson out the door for some fresh air while Ella napped. He had a collection of acorns in his tricycle basket and was having fun putting them in a bucket and then counting them. I went inside to check on Ella for a minute (don't worry... our gate was closed and locked!!) When I came back out I could hear the end of a conversation... "And when Daddy gets home from Florida, we're going to the airport to see the BIG airplanes, squirrel!" He was talking to a little squirrel, who was happily listening from the edge of our gutter! I just had to laugh! He just looked up and smiled and said, "I talkin' to squirrel, mommy!" What a kid. He is so much fun and has so much energy. Sometimes I wish he didn't have quite THAT much but it's better than having a bump on a log, I guess. Here is a cute poem I just read that will inspire any mother of boys or girls, no matter what age:

Now is the time to get things done...
wade in the water,
sit in the sun,
squish my toes in the mud by the door,
Explore the world in a boy just four.

Now is the time to study books,
flowers,
snails,
how a cloud looks,
to ponder "up" where God sleeps nights
why mosquitoes take such big bites.

Later there'll be time to sew and clean,
paint the hall that soft new green,
to make new drapes, re-finish the floor,
Later on... when he's not just four.
(Time is of the Essence By Irene Foster)

Have a great Weekend!

1 comment:

TheHarriman Family said...

Arin, I love the poem. It was just what I needed today. You should see my house.....