Friday, October 24, 2008

More Sniffles...

Well, now we all have it! The night before last night was Ella's and my turn and today Dusty is home feeling achy. Anson is finally on the mend so at least it is not a long sickness. One thing that really helped us all was the mentholatum rub for babies... (Like Vicks Vapor rub- I have the target brand for babies called "chest rub - baby") I did what my Mom said to do and rubbed it on their feet, chest, and under their nose before bed. The baby version has aloe, lavendar, eucalyptus and rosemary in it and it worked miracles! They both slept all night last night! So if anyone has a cold, go get some! It is rainy and cold here today so we don't plan on leaving the house. I was supposed to get a massage today while Dusty kept the kiddos but I don't even feel up to it! Oh, well... next week. Dusty is still using my cell phone with his sim card (he had a slight mishap with his Blackberry :o) , so call the home phone if you need me. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

We hope you feel better soon! I'll have to get some of that stuff for when Charlotte gets sick. I bought the rest of Ella's Christmas present today and Charlotte had a great time with it while we were in the store. She even tried throwing a tantrum when I took it away to put it onto the belt for the cashier to ring up. Hopefully Ella will like it as much as Charlotte did!

TheHarriman Family said...

Oh, colds are no fun! You are very lucky that this is your first one in a year--wow! I will definitely have to try that stuff. I had heard rubbing vicks on feet is a good thing. Get better soon!

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

I think this blog posting is contagious. Charlotte's nose is starting to get a little runny. Hopefully it'll pass quickly!