Sunday, June 29, 2008

When the cat's away...


This is what happens when Mommy is away for the afternoon and Daddy is "watching" the kids! :0) My sweet husband gave me Friday afternoon off! He kept the kids during naptime, and when they woke up he took them to the park and to Zesto's (a local burger/ice cream joint-NOT to be confused with Buffalo China or all the other chicken and waffle restaurants around)! It was so relaxing. I didn't really do much but it was a nice little break. I got my hair cut and roamed a few stores. I actually got it cut pretty short! I had it pulled one time too many and decided "off with it!" When i came home around 5:00, Anson greeted me on the back porch with a huge hug and said "Mommy, I like your hair! You look so pretty!" Awww. Daddy put him up to the first part but he added the pretty part all on his own! Oh, by the way... the Coke can wasn't actually open! :0)
Here is the latest unbelievable thing that Anson did... just when I think I have seen it all...
We are potty training and he has had a great week! For three mornings in a row now he has been dry! He still has an occasional "accident" during the day. It's more of an "I don't feel like stopping to go potty" more than the "i didn't quite make it to the potty" accident. So here is the unbelievable part. After dinner, I had just taken Ella in to get ready for her bath and I told Anson to go take his clothes off and get ready too. After 30 seconds I hear "Uh-Oh! Mommy I went pee pee!" I came tearing around the corner and found him in the dining room , naked. I asked "Where did you you go?" To which he quickly replied, "In your cup!" I had a big plastic cup with water in it left from dinner! Yuk!! Boy am I glad he is truthful and told me, or... you get the point! Yuk! Later he told Ella, "Never go pee pee in cups... only in the potty, OK Ella?" Guess he got the point! I think I will still be cautious before I drink anything that has been left on the table! :0)
Have a great week!

3 comments:

TheHarriman Family said...

I had a good laugh from that post! Aren't boys funny! Ian once peed in an empty 5 gallon water bottle in the closet. Who knows what they are thinking! Post a picture of your hair!

Keidi said...

Yes! We want to see the pretty mama-post the new hair cut! And Adessa has figured out sugar, I fear I've ruined her. So don't open the Coke!!  8)  Keidi

Chad & Amber said...

Post a picture of the new hair cut! What a special treat for you...tell Dusty we said you should have every Friday off. :-)