Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Happy Ella!

We went to the Orthopaedist for Ella today and she received a great report! She no longer has to wear the hip brace at night!!!! Yea! He took x-rays and everything looks the way it is supposed to now! We are so thankful that God and the doctors have healed our little girl's hips and that she will develop correctly! This will be the first night that she hasn't slept with the brace on in 6 months!! It is so fitting that she just learned how to clap her hands yesterday! Now she has something else to clap about. It is so cute so I'm posting a video:




I just got a new camera and I have been playing around with all the settings. Obviously the date stamp is wrong but here are some pictures from this evening...





And for a funny story: As a treat for Anson (and Mommy) we went to The Varsity for a Frosted Orange drink after Ella's appointment. I let Anson take the last little bit in the car with him. We were getting ready to stop at the grocery store when Anson said "Mommy, look! It's cold!" He had taken the lid off and had his fingers in it. I told him NOT to spill because we were stopping in 2 seconds. Well, you know what comes next... sticky frosted orange drink all down the front of his car seat and onto the rug. (How does so little drink make such a big mess?) As I parked the car, I heard him mumbling something. When I opened his door to see the damage, he had his hands folded and eyes squeezed shut. This is what I heard:

"Dear Jesus, please help me to listen and obey. And please help Mommy
be patient and be happy. In Jesus name, Amen!" and then with a huge grin, "There mommy, you're happy now!" "I'm sorry I spilled my drink".

How can you be mad a that?? :o) Do you think he's heard me pray for patience before?

3 comments:

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

Hooray for Ella and her newfound freedom! She is so precious and such a happy little girl. It's so sweet to hear her laugh!

And Anson never ceases to make me smile :)

TheHarriman Family said...

Arin,
I am so glad you are back and all is well! I had to laugh about your 911 call. The first 2 years Isaac went like 10 times to the ER. Now, if someone is bloody, as long as they are breathing, we stay home! I love your story about Anson--that is too cute!

TheHarriman Family said...

Forgot to ask--what kind of camera did you get? You know me and photography!