Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!!



Happy Mother's Day! Hope you had a good one. We had a great day! We went to church and out to lunch. Dusty's allergies were acting up in the morning so he and Anson made my Mother's Day breakfast for dinner! Doesn't the french toast look amazing? It was awesome. Anson had so much fun serving me and was so sweet. What a joy it is to be a mother! I reminisced with Anson about the first day I became a mother and how special it was when he was born... and he actually listened and asked questions! :0) I can't believe that it has been almost 3 years!
Our pastor spoke on Jochabed sp? (Moses' mother) and how she protected and prepared Moses. Who would know at the time that her child would impact history? Who knows what he has planned for your children and ours? It's exciting to think about. All we have to do is do our best to raise them in the fear and knowledge of the Lord... He does the rest! It's a big job but well worth it!
Ok, enough preaching! Yesterday, about an hour into nap time, I heard Anson in his room talking. I opened the door and asked what he was doing and why he wasn't sleeping. He said "I called Gramma and Papa (on his toy phone). Papa pinched Gramma's finger and I had to get her a band aid!" What an imagination! I later had to call Papa and tell him to stop pinching Gramma and he got a kick out of the story. The day before, during nap time, he said he read five books! Maybe he did!
Well, have a good one!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Arin,
Nathaniel and I were happy to find your blog today. We still tell all our Anson stories and these are the first pictures of Ella I have seen!!
Oh, and what kind of roses are those?

Cindy

Arin Rollins said...

Hi Cindy!
I'm so glad to hear from you! I didn't realize you hadn't seen Ella yet... so sorry! I finally found your blog like the day before you stopped writing! But it was awesome! Please send me your e-mail when you get a chance.
Our rose bush was here when we moved in so I don't even know what kind of roses they are! I'll see if Dusty knows. Great to hear from you. Maybe you can come again this summer!! We had so much fun... Anson still talks about you and Nathaniel! Give our love to all your Rollins'! :o) -Arin