Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Week Away

We are heading to Savannah in the morning. Sadly enough, the trip is to say (possibly) our last good byes to Grandma Rollins. Dusty's grandmother has been pretty weak and has had loss of appetite for a few weeks now, and the doctors just discovered that she has terminal cancer. The great news is that she loves the Lord with all her heart and she is ready to go home! She has been telling Dusty for 15 years that she is ready to see the Lord! So it will be a bittersweet time with the whole Rollins clan and we are looking forward to seeing many cousins, aunts and uncles we haven't seen for a long time. A great time to celebrate Grandma before the Lord taked her home!
From Savannah, the kids and I will continue to Florida to see the Dusty's parents and mine. Dusty will join us on Thursday and we will then spend Friday-Sunday on the St. Johns River ! We are renting a house boat and floating down the river fo a weekend! The boat has everything you would want for cooking, sleeping, fishing, lounging, etc so we are looking forward to a great time! Dusty's Mom and Dad, our friend Mel, Dusty's brother Jared and Brittany, and Gavin will be going too! Oh, and I can NOT forget my little buddy Anson will be going too!!! He is so excited and has been for weeks! Ella will be staying with my parents in DeLand, where we pick up the boat.

I'm sure I'll have tons of pics when we return. So until then, have a great week!!

By the way, when I get back, I am launching a new blog about sewing and I will have my first give away!! It will be really nice, so stay posted!!! :o)

4 comments:

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

I can't wait to see the new blog and enter the give away!

Keidi said...

Oh noooo... I don't like it when you guys are away, I miss your posts! 8) But I know you will have a good time all around, sounds action packed with all emotions involved. Hurry back! Keidi

TheHarriman Family said...

Sounds wonderful! I can't wait to see your pictures!

TheHarriman Family said...

except for the saying goodbye part :-)