Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dad Update

Hi ALL,
Yesterday my Dad had a heart catherization and it showed that he has severe blockages in the three major arteries of his heart... one at an 80% blockage, one at 90% and the main artery was 99% blocked! It is a gift from God that he did not have a major heart attack but only a little tightness in his chest! So last night they transported him 2 miles down the road to Emory University Hospital (one of the best hospitals in the South) and right now at 1:30 PM he is awaiting triple bypass, open heart surgery. We met his surgeon this morning, and he and all his staff have been great at explaining things to us and letting us know what to expect. My Dad and Mom are both in great spirits and know that he is in God's hands! Please keep praying as the surgery could take 4-5 hours. I will post an update when I know his condition, but they expect a very successful outcome and a full recovery! He will be in the hospital an additional 5 days for recovery and then at my house for a couple weeks before heading back to Florida... maybe just in time for Christmas.

In the meantime, friends and fellow cabinet makers back home in their town (DeLand) have banded together and are making sure all his work that he has on his books gets done without him lifting a finger! What a blessing! They are going to make sure he has a full recovery and doesn't worry about work or try to work too soon. And for those who know my father, it's hard to keep him down! :o)

Thanks for your prayers and I'll keep you posted!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying!! I called Ken and Eunice as well as Donna and Louie. will keep looking for updates.
Love
Nanci (Hostetter)

Unknown said...

Praying for your dad, Arin. My neighbor is having the same surgery today.

TheHarriman Family said...

We are praying for you Dad! Let us know when you can how he is doing!

Anonymous said...

We are praying, Arin. I am going to Disney with kids this weekend (at nearly 7 months pregnant), but we would love to visit the family while they are up. Maybe we can bring dinner one night next week? I will be in touch! Love you!