Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Surprises

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! We had a great day... My Mom and Dad came up from Florida and got here just at lunch time. My Mom helped me get the last things ready and we had a big feast! I cooked a turkey, sweet potato cascerole, green bean cascerole, stuffing, cranberry sauce and an apple pie. My aunt sent some home made rolls and my Mom brought a salad, cranberry bread, pecan pie, cookies and fudge! We are in sugar overload!! But here is the surprise part...

My Dad woke up early Friday morning with indigestion (I was sure it was my cooking! :o) but as the morning went on it turned into tightness in his chest and we ended up rushing to the hospital! Poor guy has been in ICU ever since and is waiting for a heart catherization on Monday. If you know my Dad, he is very restless and would rather be up working! But this four days of rest is the best thing for him, and on Monday he will have the test to see where the blockage(s) is/are and we will go from there. He is feeling well and in good spirits, and we are thankful that he was here so we could take care of him! My Mom is also doing great and is being very strong. We just heard that they are moving him to a room and out of ICU which means the kids can go see him now! Yea! I think that will make him happy. We would appreciate your prayers and will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

We will definitely be praying for him!

Keidi said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry-- that's terrible about your dad. Good job cooking up all those yummies, though! I'll keep your dad in my prayers, especially that the doctors figure out what's going on with him. Keidi

TheHarriman Family said...

That is a surprise! We will keep your Dad in our prayers. I know he will heal quickly as I am sure he is anxious to get back to work :-). I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving meal!