Thursday, November 20, 2008

Our Favorite Tree * UPDATE*




Yesterday we visited our favorite tree in Piedmont Park. When the fan-shaped leaves on this tree change, they turn a bright yellow and blanket the ground like soft flower petals. We come take pictures here every year and have so much fun playing in the soft leaves. Anson and Ella really had a ball this year! Anson would throw the leaves to make them fall and Ella loved rolling around in them. It is fun to compare pictures from previous years and watch as the kids grow. I just wanted to share one of our Fall traditions with you. See the pictures at the top of the blog... I just figured out how to make a collage!


PS: Does anyone know what kind of tree this is? Please leave a comment if you do!!!!


**My friend Sharon just told me that this is a Ginkgo tree! Thank you for your arbor expertise too, Brittany! :o) And evidently there are a male and female version of this tree... the female tree produces a stinky fruit. Interesting! We actually saw some at the park and Anson HAD to pick it up and inspect it. Here is the pic...


3 comments:

Keidi said...

What a great tree! What a great tradition! Hooray for fall. And, of course, what a great collage! Nice work, Arin! 8) Keidi

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

The pictures are adorable! How do you do the collage? As for the tree... right now it's a greenish-yellow one, but I bet in a few weeks it might be an orangish-red one... that's my arbor expertise :)

TheHarriman Family said...

I love the collage. Fall, I think is my favorite time of year!