Saturday, July 26, 2008

She Stands and He's Potty Trained!

Standing! (Try to ignore the drool!)

Miss Mischief

Painting a piece of the tree that was cut down





What a big day for our two kiddos! Today Ella stood all by herself! She was sitting near the couch and just decided to stand in the middle of the floor with nothing to hold onto. It was slow and did not last long, but she stood! And later when I set her down on the floor I expected her to sit down like always but she stood up... I counted 15 seconds that she just stood there, very sturdy! Then she very gingerly sat down and crawled away. My little 10 1/2 month old will be walking very soon, I think. (As I am witing this, she found a packet of wipes and pulled them all out one by one, crawled into the bathroom and turned on the tub, emptied the little garbage can, and pulled my alarm clock off my night stand... I'm really in for it!)


And I say this very carefully, in full knowledge that there will be accidents here and there, but ANSON IS POTTY-TRAINED!!!!!! He even wakes up in the mornings dry! This has gone on for over a week now. And for the past few days we have gone out with his big-boy underwear on instead of pull-ups. And I must say he looks so cute in his little underwear. He has Thomas, Mickey Mouse and Spider Man ones. He loves using public restrooms (yuk!) and asks to "go" everywhere we go now. My little guy is growing up!











3 comments:

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

Such accomplishments! We're so proud of both of them :)

TheHarriman Family said...

You have definitely reached a milestone with the potty trainig! I remember when Isaac was finally potty trained and I only had 1 kid in diapers. What a treat! You in trouble with a walker in your future!!

Keidi said...

Yayyyy! I love it that Anson likes to go in public. That's a good thing, as I know two different kids who will only go at home which causes great problems for their parents. And I know we're not supposed to compare kids, but Ella is ahead of Adessa. It is so great to know that the braces did nothing to stop her development! 8) Keidi