Thursday, July 17, 2008

Fun at the Pool!

These are the best swimming aids! My parents got him this at Wal-Mart and it really keeps him up in the water!

Thirsty girl

Climbing the walls!


This afternoon we met our friends at the neighborhood pool for the first time. They just did a major renovation project and have a gradual pool for toddlers (it starts at 1 inch deep and goes to 4 feet gradually - very cool!), a sprinkler play area with shade cover and an Olympic size pool. And it only costs $2! We had a great time. Anson was cautious about going in at first. I think this is the only area where he is cautious! But in a way I am glad because I didn't have to worry about him jumping in or swimming off. He stuck by me in the shallow parts for a long time then he started going out deeper and deeper. He finally got out to where he could barely touch, but he had his swimmy/vest thing on and he did fine. My friend Sharon swam out with him and her little girl, Sagan, while I stayed back with Ella. Ella loves the water! She splashed around with her hands and feet and was very content to lay in the water with me. Each time Anson gets in the water he gets more confident so we plan to go a lot this summer. Next year we'll probably have swimming lessons. I took a few pictures before my batteries died...

1 comment:

TheHarriman Family said...

I love the swimming pictures! Ella sure looks stylin in her green bow--hee,hee. Isn't water great at wearing kids out!