Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Train ride...

Anson reading Super Pig!
I planted these 3 years ago and every year I think I've killed them but they come back! I can't even remember what they are but they are pretty.

Ella enjoying her exersaucer outside.


Let's see...Monday we took a train ride downtown for Anson. He LOVED it! We took MARTA which is the Atlanta subway system. We went underground for a while then came above ground to go over the interstate. It was really fun for all of us, actually. I forgot my camera so we don't have any pictures of our adventure. You'll just have to imagine the fun! :o) That evening Anson said "Thank you, Daddy, for taking us to the train station". He is starting to thank us for things without us having to remind him!

This morning when I went in to get Anson up he said "Good Morning Mommy! How are you doing this morning?" Sometimes I think he is an old man trapped in a little boy's body! He really loves reading still, and very often I find him looking at books on the couch or in his room. Yesterday he tried to teach Ella his verse for the week, "Love your neighbor as yourself". She is going to learn a lot from her big brother!

We have been having beautiful spring weather so we've been playing outside a lot. I thought Anson would love riding his tricycle but he just isn't into it yet. Maybe soon. But in the meantime, he still loves looking for worms, playing in the sand box, and going on walks. We are lucky to have such a great old neighborhood to walk in. I've been walking in the evenings after I put the kids to bed and it is so neat to see everyone out on their porches or weeding the gardens or just out for a stroll.

Well, I can't think of anything else right now. Have a good one!

3 comments:

TheHarriman Family said...

Your flowers are beautiful! You are lucky you live in a beautiful neighborhood. I miss the green and trees. I guess I could see cactus on my walk!!

TheHarriman Family said...

P.S. Those are clemetis :-)

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! Ella is so lucky to have a big brother who will teach her Bible verses :)