Thursday, April 10, 2008

Squash, peas, worms and bees!

One big worm!
Content after a lunch of squash and peas!
Getting ready to crawl!


What's new? Not much new going on here. Today we ate a picnic lunch outside which was accompanied by bee hitting and worm hunting. Dusty and Anson have a ritual of hitting big bumble bees with toy shovels and brooms. When Dusty hits one, Anson steps on it and they hoot and holler and high five! This may sound rather brutal, the the little "honeys" are literally eating through the wood on the eaves of our house. So I don't mind the new sport. The worm hunting is a new addition to our outside time. I decided to weed the back yard in an attempt to get some grass to grow. I dislodged some rather big earth worms in the process and Anson puts them in a bucket of dirt and watches them bury themselves again. He loves it.





Ella will be 7 months on Saturday and she is on the brink of crawling! She gets right up onto her hand and knees and rocks back and forth! She's ready to move! I don't know if I'm ready for her to, but I am so happy with her progress since having the brace off in the daytime. I wasn't sure if she would be behind in hitting her developmental milestones but it hasn't seemed to hold her back at all. Praise the Lord! She is also enjoying her solid (pureed) foods now! So far she has successfully eaten squash, peas, carrots, green beans, sweet potatoes, apples, pears and bananas. The only way I get her to like her rice and oatmeal cereal is to mix it with bananas, so that is usually what she has for breakfast. She continues to be such a sweet little cuddle bug who rarely fusses. We are so thankful for her!



Some Ansonisms


Last night when I was reading to Anson before bedtime, we were reading a silly book about fish. We came across a line that said "They'd better hurry or they'll be bait!" He said "late, Mommy, not bait". He corrected me in grammar! He obviously didn't get that it was a play on words, but hey, I thought that was pretty good!

Then at church last week, Anson was flipping through a Bible sitting on the end table and he said "Mommy, I need to read my verses... The Lord is my shepherd... The Lord is my light and my salvation...A wise man fears the Lord... A happy heart is like good medicine"! HE remembered ALL the verses that I've been teaching him! Makes a mommy's heart proud!


Well, have a great weekend!

3 comments:

TheHarriman Family said...

That's amazing that she might start crawling soon! You are lucky that she is eating food, Eve still refuses! That little stinker! You just wait until Anson is a bit older and Ella is walking around, then you'll see why I'm all over the place!

Keidi said...

I see the worms-Yucko! They are so cute, Arin! I love see them grow through your blog. Awwwww! Keidi

Brittany @ The Rollins World said...

What a blessing that Ella will be crawling around soon! She's is so precious! And Anson with the worms just makes me smile. The joys of boys that I'm sure I'll experience in a few years :)