Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big Smile - Two Months!

We have been enjoying these big smiles from our little guy! On Thursday he will be 2 months old!! This past week he was having trouble with spitting up and would lose all the contents of his stomach at least twice a day. It didn't seem to bother him at all, though. He would be smiling, puke, then go back to smiling! It went away for a few days and then came back today. He goes for his two month check-up on Friday so I will see what the Doc says. It may be reflux which is pretty common.

Anson asked me in the car today when we were going to have another baby!!! I told him that I don't know. Then I asked why. He said "Because I want lots of kids!" And Dusty said, "Great. When you grow up YOU can have lots of kids!" It is pretty sweet... Anson tells us every day how much he loves Asa and he is so glad to be a big brother. And tonight Ella told me at bedtime that "Me so happy with Asa". I thank God for giving them sweet little accepting hearts when they could be jealous of all the time I have to spend with Asa in these early weeks.

The other day we were talking about heaven and how God is preparing a place for us there right now. I didn't know how much Ella was understanding until she said "I want my room purple"! So Ella's room in her mansion in heaven will be purple!

Anson and Ella have been playing outside quite a bit in this nice spring weather. On Friday we ate our lunch outside on a blanket. I had gone inside to do a couple quick things when Anson came in and said "Mommy come outside, quick. I think you will enjoy this!" (Since when does he say "enjoy"!!) I then hear Ella crying for me... she had climbed up the lattice work on the outside of the deck and was holding on to the hand rail for dear life! She was about 4 feet off the ground. Anson thought it was great and was so proud of her! I later found out that he told her to do it! I guess I can't leave them for a second! :o)

1 comment:

TheHarriman Family said...

That story about Anson really made me laugh! I am sure that is not the last time that Ella's big brother will tempt her! Eve has had very similar experiences!