Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Boy, Do I Feel Loved!

This was a conversation Anson had with Ella today in Wal-Mart... But first, a little background... I try to spend as little time as possible in Wal-Mart but sometimes I just HAVE to go (those darn low prices!) So when Anson is in the mood to touch EVERYTHING in sight, making me stop the cart and call him to keep moving, I have to pull out the threat to "take him to the bathroom". (In other words, the wood shed!) So today when I asked him to put the bottle of shampoo back on the shelf, he turned to Ella very innocently and said,


"Ella, wouldn't it be nice if we didn't have a Mommy? We could touch anything we want and go anywhere we want!" A little offended, I asked "Well, who would take care of you if you didn't have a Mommy?" To which Anson quickly answered as if he had been thinking about if for days, "We would just go to Sharon and Sagan's house!" (Our neighbor friends) Even more offended, I said "Wouldn't you miss Mommy?" This one made him think a little longer. Then he said "Oh, I guess I would miss you , Mommy".



Let's just say I have been warned! I guess I am on thin ice with Anson! :o) I admit I have been a little more stressed than usual, getting used to being a mother of three. So I am making an effort to be patient, loving, and kind to my little charges so they no longer have to wish that they didn't have a Mommy! Don't get me wrong though, they are still going to listen and obey!!

No comments: