Monday, September 7, 2009

My Labor of Labor Day



Dusty and I thought that it was finally time to have living room curtains! We've only lived here 5 years! So I went to the fabric store on Saturday morning and bought the fabric and cut out the curtains. I sewed one pair on Saturday and the other two today! Anson helped me hang the curtain rods and Ella even helped me sew a little this morning! She likes to press the foot pedal! I think it gives our living room a warmer feel to have curtains and not just the blinds.


Today Anson helped me fold the clothes - on his own volition! And then later informed me that he would like "Subway" sandwiches for dinner with all the "gredients"! Ella told me today that she saw "two owls tee" which means two owls in the tree, and prayed for Mommy's baby at bedtime. How sweet! This was after she had to be spanked twice at dinner for standing in her chair and throwing her food! :o) Ah, the give and take! The picture above is Anson and Ella with bubble beards in the tub...

3 comments:

Chad & Amber said...

Arin,

The curtains look great and I love all the comments from Anson and Ella...you are right about the give and take...learning a lot about that these days :-)

Love you! Looking forward to the news on the 15th!

TheHarriman Family said...

I love your curtains! The colors go great with your room! What is with these strong willed girls anyway! God must know they have big brothers :-).

Choate Family said...

Treasure the days, the kids are precious!