Tuesday, August 12, 2008

She's still standing...




On Sunday we took our dinner to the park and had a picnic! Anson loves having picnics so we brought a big sheet to sit on and sat down by a little lake and a fountain. Anson and I had sandwiches and fruit and Ella had... peas! She loves eating peas as a finger food so that kept her busy for a few minutes. When she was done with her peas she crawled over to the middle of the sheet and just stood up! I did not have my camera with me so I took this one on my phone (sorry it's fuzzy). She was so proud of herself, and Anson was proud too! He started clapping which made her clap. It was all so cute and sappy! And then as we were leaving, Anson heard the ice cream truck! He whipped around and said "Mommy, I heard the ice cream truck!!!! Can we pleeeeeeeease get some ice cream?" How can I resist that excitement? So we got an orange cream bar and shared it with Ella, who had it ear to ear by the end. What a fun afternoon!




Dusty got home late Sunday evening, so Monday morning I had two very excited kiddos! They love playing with Daddy! It is so cute... Ella squeals with delight every time he walks in the door, now! He could be gone for 20 minutes or 4 days and she is just as excited! She has a way of melting her Daddy's heart.




Bedtime routine is getting a little easier now that Ella and Anson can enjoy bath time together! (I figure I have a couple more months before Anson starts asking too many anatomy questions!:o) They love to splash and play together. They are becoming good little buddies!




Well, not much else going on. Oh, last night Anson had to call his grandparents and tell them that he "Went poopy in the potty... not in the living room!" And of course they were so proud! I was quite glad also! :o) But then today he peed on the couch while watching the workers out the window. I guess we've had a little regression on the potty frontier... but we'll keep going! I'm going to have to invest in a steam cleaner soon. Guess we'll be renting one today. Such is life in the Rollins' home!


Have a great one!


1 comment: