Friday, January 15, 2010

Pregnancy No. 3


I just realized that I haven't written much about this third pregnancy. Bottom line... it's been great! No problems to speak of and now just the normal aches and pains. With just a little over a week to go, I am just now getting to the uncomfortable part. Walking any length (especially now that Asa has decided to turn head-down) is uncomfortable, turning over in bed is an ordeal, and I am amazed every time that I am able to stand up again after stooping to pick up toys off the floor! I have, however, used this time to train Anson and Ella to help more! They are getting pretty good about cleaning up toys, taking their dishes to the sink, taking out the garbage, getting themselves into the van/ car seats, and playing in their room together when I need a little sanity :o). I must seem pretty tired to Anson because he keeps coming up with different things for he and Daddy and Ella to do so I can "stay home and rest". Pretty perceptive little guy!
I never get tired of feeling Asa move around in my tummy. It is still amazing to me how God can use me to grow a little tiny human being! My doctor doesn't think that Asa wil be as big as the other two (Anson 10'3" and Ella 9'8") but I have a feeling he will be right up there with his siblings. I have a tendency to deceptively "pack them in". A lot of people are asking me if I am nervous about the C-section surgery but really I am not. After doing it twice, I know just what to expect and just pray that things go as expected.

Over all, I just can't wait to meet Asa! Dusty and Anson and Ella are excited too, of course. I know this sounds weird, but I am actually looking forward to my hospital stay! I get waited on, I don't have to cook or clean, I can push a button for "room service" any time of the day, and I get to spend tons of time getting to know my new little son! I will miss Anson and Ella though. They are not allowed into the hospital because of this whole flu epidemic but will be well taken care of at home by Gramma and Papa. And Auntie Amy will be coming for reinforcements!!

So the day is Monday Jan 25th and the time of surgery is 12:45 PM. Please keep us in your prayers and we will post pics very soon! I will probably take just a few pictures of our new little bundle!! :o)

3 comments:

Keidi said...

We'll be praying! How nice that the pregnancy has been smooth, and how exciting that Asa will be here soon. You make it all seem so possible, having two, and now three! Get lost of rest until the 25th, for sure! 8) Blessings to you and the baby!

TheHarriman Family said...

What a cute pregnant lady you are!! I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy. What a fun family he will have! I will be praying for you on your day!

Choate Family said...

Although I love the way God made our bodies to work and bring babies into the world, my c-sections were so much easier! I know you will love having another little one around :-)