Saturday, October 31, 2009

Florida Fun











My budding musician... composing music.


Ella is proud of her new sunglasses!


Well, we made it to FL! Anson, Ella and I drove down yesterday to my parents house in DeLand. Last night I took Anson to his first concert! We went to hear the Stetson Orchestra! Anson LOVED it! He stayed awake throught the first piece (Bizet's L'Arlesienne Suite) but fell asleep during the Shostakovich Cello Concerto No. 1 performed by David Bjella - awesome! Sitting in the audience instead of being on stage was weird but really neat to experience with my little boy! Plus I forgot how hard the seats are in Elizabeth Hall! :o) But Anson loved it and it was worth it. Today he played my parents piano and had to write his own music like the musicians had last night. :o)

Today's highlights were lunch at Bellini's and the Fall Festival at my parents church. Anson and Ella both loved playing the carnival games for candy and jumping in the bounce house. Anson got a strike in pumpkin bowling! He also had a whale painted on his face, which he loved. Ella loved the food, especially. She had an icee and some cotton candy (very little) and a couple bites of a hot dog. Gramma and Papa had to work at the food booths but Auntie Amy and Uncle Andy came to join the fun! I had two tired little children by 7:30 so we were home and in bed by 8:00.

Thanks to Dusty lending me his laptop for the trip, I am able to update this while we are away. More to come!

No comments: