Saturday, March 21, 2009

More Spring fun


Just staring





The new floppy hat


Ella actually pedaled by herself this week!

My little flower collector


wild violas? They smell so sweet!

More of our daffodils



one of our flowering bushes

the first tulip to bloom

Anson and Ella are getting plenty of fresh air and sunshine these days! They love the flowers and seeing new buds open daily. Not much new is happening here. I go to a class at church on Tuesday mornings called "Mom-to-Mom" and Anson and Ella go to their class. Anson asked me on the way home if I enjoyed my Mom to Mom class. I said "Yes I did. How was your class?" And he said "I had fun. My class is called Boy-to-Boy and Ella's class is called Baby-To-Baby"! He is regularly making connections and coming up with thought processes that I think are so smart! But I'm his Mommy so of course I think he's smart! :o) He also knows 36 of his 150 catechism questions now! On any random day you can ask him what sin is and he will reply "any lack of conformity to, or transgression of, the law of God" !! Pretty big words for a 3 3/4 year old! And speaking of words, Ella's vocabulary is growing too! She can finally say Mama! She can also say "uh-oh!" (and says it a lot!), hi, hot, thank you, (not quite perfect but I know what she says!) here, and God. When we ask "Who made you?", she points upwards and says "Ga!" Close enough!
About the catechism questions: I never knew what catechism was until a month ago. But basically, out church teaches the kids these 150 questions about the Bible, God, etc little by little over their preschool and elementary years so that they know why they believe what they believe. Here are few sample questions:
Who made you? - God
What else did God make? - All things
Why did God make you and all things? - for his own glory
And it goes through, creation, Adam and Eve, Sin, Covenant (Which Anson can tell you what a covenant is also!) etc. I love it! So we ask him his questions at dinner or before bed and he looks forward to it every night! Dusty gives him a high five every time he answers a question.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I think I hear Ella waking up from her nap. Time to walk around the neighborhood and collect dandelions - Anson's request!

1 comment:

TheHarriman Family said...

I love your Spring flower pictures! They are so pretty. It makes me so excited for Spring to get here. I wonder if it ever will :-)