Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Greatest Christmas Present...


Tonight at dinner we were talking about Christmas... Anson said "I am going to give Santa a present this year because he gives everyone presents and I have never given him anything!" I agreed that this was a good idea. Then Ella said "and I am going to give Jesus a present because it IS His birthday!" I said "That is great idea! Do you know that the best present you could give Jesus is your heart?" And she said "I am going to do that right now!" And she continued to pray all by herself..." Dear Jesus, please come into my heart. Amen". Isn't that awesome? A few minutes later when we were talking about what it really means to give Jesus your heart to make sure she understood, she said "and I wanted to be like Anson because he has Jesus in his heart too!" That was a good way for Anson to see that he is a role model for her and that what he does matters! We proceeded to call all the grandparents, aunts and uncles so Ella could share her good news! Dusty and I are thrilled as parents and fellow Christians that two of our children have made this decision to trust God with their life!! Please join us in praying that they will keep their child-like faith their whole lives!

"For God so loved the world, that He gave his one and only son. That whoever believes in Him will not parish, but have eternal life" John 3:16

1 comment:

Choate Family said...

Way to go, Ella! And way to go Arin and Dusty for making this such a natural and easy choice for her.